Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's day

My dad is, and always will be, an irascible, opinionated buffoon.  I can say this because I'm his daughter.

If any of you said it, it's be grounds for harsh judgement on my end.

My dad taught me how to use a chainsaw properly.  How to take care of a fishtank.  How to best annoy my mother.

He taught me how to make pancakes in the shape of a 's.'

I love my dad.  Even though, more often than not, he frustrates the hell out of me with his old-world ideas on what a family is and how "ladies" are supposed to behave.  Even though he eats his weight in ice-cream on a weekly basis, despite having diabetes.  Even though he can be the absolute densest person on earth sometimes - which, quite frankly, is annoying as fuck.

He's still my daddy.

Happy Father's day, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because I'm needy.