So I totally stole this from TJ. If you aren't reading his blog, you need to. Because it? Is all sorts of awesome. I don't think I've done a survey like this since my myspace days...
I mentioned myspace to a teenager the other day. He asked me what it was (I FEEL OLD). So, without further ado...a list. My comments are in italics.
Instructions: The post is a list of 99 things you could have done, and you are supposed to bold the ones that you yourself have done.
1. Started your own blog obviously.
2. Slept under the stars bring the bug spray.
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower I make it a habit to try to catch them. The Perseids are my favorite.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity Anything I give is more than I can afford.
7. Been to DisneyWorld Yep. I might have to blog about that trip. It's...amusing.
8. Climbed a mountain Yep. Done that. It was a little one though :-p
9. Held a praying mantis I love praying mantises (mantii?). I held a bit of a fascination for bugs when I was little...and even now I'll pick one up for the hell of it.
10. Sang a solo I don't want to talk about it.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to sit out on the back deck, with a cup of iced tea, and watch thunderstorms.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch Photography. I used to rent books from the library about photography, and kind of stumbled into the rest. Watercolors and oils as well - learning is half the fun.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning Another one I don't want to talk about.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables I grow tomatoes in the summer, and tend to mix up the rest. Loose leaf lettuce, cucumbers, peppers. I like to grow herbs as well.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight Uh, yea. You're missing out if you haven't.
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill You know you have. And if you haven't...you're lying.
24. Built a snow fort Every winter. It's one of my traditions.
25. Held a lamb I got chased by one once....
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse Of the heart!!!
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset Back when I was dedicated to my photography, I used to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to grab a sunrise picture. Yea. I was nuts.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Both the Irish and Scottish ones! Next up...English, Italian, German...crap. This could get expensive.
35. Seen an Amish community I live less than 40 minutes away from Lancaster. Seriously, why is this even on the list?
36. Taught yourself a new language Uh. I kind of sort of know Spanish. A mute first grader's Spanish, but it counts...right?
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied Working on it.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing Kind of sort of. Since it wasn't technically rock climbing, I'm not going to bold it. But there was a sheer cliff face, and there was climbing involved.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke Thanks Pumpkin. And Kandace. *Grumble*
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt Man. I really want to put a penis joke here.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight I saw baby turtles!
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing We caught a few sharks.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris-
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain And let me tell you. It. Was. Hawt.
53. Played in the mud Who doesn't?
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class Yep. I could totally kick your ass.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching I don't suppose spending the day at Rehoboth counts?
63. Got flowers for no reason Yes. And it made me blush. Damnit.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy Her name is Ashley. AND SHE HAS FEELINGS TOO, DAMNIT.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper I was like...7. And I was precocious and had an awesomely carved pumpkin.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House Standing outside the gate and oogling the greeness of the lawn counts, right?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee Fucker.