Saturday, August 29, 2009

Raindrops and Crickets

Hello again world!

It was raining today. Big fat raindrops. I love it when it rains. The sound of drops hitting the roof, the slight smell of ozone in the air.

It relaxes me.

And now the crickets are chirping. I came home to Kitty/Nikky waiting in front of our door. Poor thing got wet - an affront to her feline sensibilities, I'm sure (and before ya'll rip my head off for not providing her with shelter - she had our entire screened in back porch to go to. It's dry there).

I opened up a pouch of food - she didn't seem to like it. Made a note not to get salmon and oceanfish again.

Bummed around a bit. Watched some boob tube - King of Queens. Job hunted (the search is neverending).

Which leads me to now - curled up in bed, snug as a bug, and listening to crickets.

It's making me reminisce of simplier times. When I was a kid.

My mother never let me stay in the house - no wasted days for me. If it was nice out, I was outside, terrorizing the neighborhood.

I wish I could go back to those days. When my biggest worry was whether or not I could get away with sneaking in a spider as a pet (...I was a weird kid...). And somehow I zipped right from that to whether or not I was going to have my term paper done in time.

Time seems to fly by so quickly, but two things have remained constant.

Fat raindrops and singing crickets.

2 comments:

  1. :two things have remained constant...Fat raindrops and singing crickets."

    Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fat raindrops and singing crickets."
    Enjoy it while you can. Sometimes life speeds up so quickly, you may miss those small pleasures in life.

    ReplyDelete

Because I'm needy.