Friday, December 10, 2010

Dear Stranger

Dear Stranger,

I don't know you. I don't know if I will ever truly know you. But you will change my life one day. We might meet on a bus, or at work. We might just happen to bump into each other on the side of the street, or maybe you know one of my friends. Maybe not. I don't know.

The circumstances don't matter as much as we like to think they do.

I've met others like you. People who have changed my fundamental being, people who have torn down my walls. People who have shown me what it means to be human, what it is to be someone. Some of them I've loved. Some of them I haven't. All of them have impacted me.

I thank them for that. And I thank you, whoever you are, for being you. Because without you, I wouldn't be me.

-Sara

1 comment:

  1. I love this.

    I believe that people change lives every day without even knowing it. You hear about people who are at the end of their rope and some stranger being nice just turns it around for them. And the stranger doesn't even know the impact they made. Or even the other side of the coin, someone getting the Last Straw from a stranger and doing something they shouldn't. We all make a difference.

    I can tell that your blog is going to make a difference. You have said things to make me think in just the last couple posts, so who knos what you'll say to make me have a self revelation that I Didn't know.

    See, I jsut decided we're going to be friends. So there.

    ReplyDelete

Because I'm needy.